I plan to continue supporting town-maintained infrastructure projects and planning designed to improve transportation and economic development…. without jeopardizing the quality of life for our neighborhoods!
I am particularly interested in helping develop a strategic plan for the Town Center that is separate but complements the new Land Development policies.
- The 2023 Town Legislative agenda (Accelerate NCDOT roadway projects and schedules)
- Development of housing options (for our first responders, teachers, essential workers)
- Town-maintaned infrastructure projects (roads, sidewalks)
- Approval and funding of Exit 27 on I-77
- Rejects legislation that reduces or removes all local government planning and zoning authority, and other identified priorities.
I want to find a way to have a stronger voice for neighborhood residents concerned about the future planning of Cornelius. I seek improved walkability and safe mulitmodal paths connecting neighborhoods with citizen amenities.
I will continue to champion managing new “residential growth" while seeing the work of proposed special projects successfully completed (expanded tennis and pickleball courts at Bailey Road Park, Robbins Park Phase II, Smithville-Washam Potts linear park and greenway, new recreation venues, community celebrations, and public art displays). The funding of the re-design of Main Street and the building of a new eastside electric substation are also high priorities.
Public Safety is the highest priority. If we don’t feel safe, all other needs pale in comparison.